Sunday, October 28, 2007

Machine Work - Hand Work


My sewing machine and I were tight yesterday! This is a section showing the free motioned, background stitching on this painted piece - that, by the way, measures 17x14" (hip, hip hooray - well into the double digits!). If you click on the photo it will enlarge and you can see all the details.
Now I'm hand stitching accents on the flora. I wanted to finish this today but that's not going to happen. The hand embroidery is going to take hours that I can't give! We're going to friends for the afternoon. Would it be rude to bring along hand sewing? Talking and stitching....that works for me.....

6 comments:

Quilt Pixie said...

nothing rude in keeping your hands busy I figure :-)

Beverly said...

Love the color and textures you have on this- hope you post it again when you've got the stitching done. And I'm all for keeping hands busy, even while visiting with friends!

Julaine Lofquist-Birch said...

Wonderful piece! Ah, the things we can create when that awful "block" is gone...I can see the joy in your work!

Kim Hambric said...

A fantastic piece so far. I love the beautiful, intricate stitching. I am such a stitchin' chicken. I wish I could open up and experiment more with thread. This is a very inspirational piece.

h-bomb said...

i LOVE this, mom.

dianeclancy said...

Hi Denise,

This is absolutely beautiful!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog