Saturday, February 2, 2008

Brue Chapin

I love edgy, outsider type art. I lusted after this piece the minute I saw it at the Wallkill River School Gallery a couple of weeks ago. http://www.wallkillriverschool.com/ It's title is 'The Philosopher' and was created by Bruce Chapin http://brucechapin.com/ Oh, it spoke to me alright - me, who lives inside my head a bit too much. I kept thinking about it and my desire to own it grew. Well, I dragged the husband to see the piece (because I need a comrade in art buying arms, so to speak) and he encouraged me to purchase it. So I did and it holds a prominent position on our fireplace. Don't you just love him?

5 comments:

Dixie Redmond said...

Oh, Denise. I want it, too! I totally get that piece. I'm glad you bought it.

Dixie Redmond said...

btw - how tall is it?

maggie said...

great piece. thanks for introducing my to a new outsider artist. i'll have to keep an eye on bruce's work.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That's the kind of thing I would want to buy too.

orion713 said...

What a cool piece!!!