Sunday, May 11, 2008

Collage


A happy Mother's Day to all! Hope your day unfolds exactly how you need it to be unfold.

The collages I do with modeling paste seem to have a certain amount of popularity. I thought I'd show how this is done so - if the desire moves you - you can try your hand at this.

First thing I did was gesso an 8x10" piece of matboard. When the gesso was dry I matte gelled (glued) on a gelatin printed image (but you can use a photo, painted paper, transferred image, etc) to which I added other gelatin printed papers. When that was secured on the matboard I took a pallet knife and smeared Liquitex modeling paste on in thin layers. Now is where I get to practice patience (not a character trait I have in abundance) and wait, wait, wait for the paste to completely dry.

More when I'm done being patient.

1 comment:

Dixie Redmond said...

Ooooh. I want to try. I have some ideas that might work. I bought a book on collage that is wonderful. Next week I'm hoping to get some time to actually try some. So much artwork that wants doing and so little time!