Saturday, September 27, 2008

Music in My Heart

I don't know if it is all interesting that I am sharing my artistic angst (!) with this piece. It has morphed from a geometric something into an ethereal sappy something. The word 'sappy' aside I do have to say that this latest image is the one that I feel the most association with....I guess it is the one that has an emotional componet for me.

Someone recently told me that my art is packed with feeling. I found this remark intriquing because I am a person of strong emotions....I don't think I've ever been described as 'laid back'. Her comment keeps playing in my head. As an artist, isn't it incredible to emotionally touch someone with our work? Amazing. This certainly isn't a new concept but it is one to consider when contemplating why art is important on both an individual and cultural scope. Perhaps this ability is one of the defining differences between us and other species.

1 comment:

Mai-Britt Axelsen said...

Packed with feeling - absolutely...... And to me this last one is becoming so beautiful, can't wait to see were this is going!

Thanks for sharing your doubts, we all have them.