Sunday, October 4, 2009

I took a found 8x10" frame, overpainted it and added this 4x6" piece secured on a metallic board. If you click on the photo you can better see the hand stitching & beading on the piece that was added to the silk organza overlaying a piece of cotton. This was hard to photograph but it really does look great in person.

The two photos above are closeups of 2 scarves I dyed, silk screened, stamped and discharged. I have some of these to sell since the Didn't-Use-Good-Judgement Show Coordinator from yesterday's outside art show didn't do what we all wanted her to do......use the rain date of today to hold the show since yesterday was a dismal dreary rainy type of day. Today is clear blue sunny skies. What was she thinking? Obviously not much associated with vendors needing customers in order to have sales. Sheesh.



2 comments:

kathy said...

Lovely scarves Denise...with all you did to them, I hope you have a good price on them. I am consigning scarves now at 40% commission, so my prices are up, but offer them "on sale" for special people.;=)

yarnahoy said...

The colors are stunning!