Saturday, April 2, 2011

Intensity

This one took me 6 friggin' hours to get to a point where I could even stand it! Ugh, why do we artist type of people do this to ourselves? I think I'm going to do a nice simple pastel painting next. These abstracts are sucking the life out of me.

Meanwhile....as I was in abstract hell....my friend Melanie was across the work table from me quietly going about the business of creating some great layered collage papers. I think she let out a couple of suppressed giggles while listening to my lunatic rants about the abstract I was creating.



3 comments:

BLUEYEDUCKstudios said...

interesting that you wrestled so intensely on what appears to be serene and calm... ahhhh ... the life that lies just below ... xoxo

(wish I could see it in person - I know it would be even MORE lovely)

Melanie said...

did not.
and the iteration and reiteraton of s**t should have told you something my internal state . . .

Barry said...

DA - you may have wrestled with it but the end product is worth the effoprt. B