Saturday, November 26, 2011

Genesis

Besides cooking, cleaning and eating too much I am usually able to snatch creative time during the holidays. This is my first in what I hope will become a series based on imagery of pods. The pods in this assemblage are darker than they appear in this photo and have more visible texturing that I wasn't able to capture with the camera. They are created out of paper clay. The shelf objects are pieces are lava my daughter brought back from Hawaii for me. "Mom, can't you use these in your art?" Uh, huh. The 'shade' are altered pages from a National Geographic.

For another piece I plan to work on a larger pod made out of clay that will be glazed and fired.

Hope all of you are enjoying your days and filling them with something much more rewarding than going chain store shopping.

No comments: