Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Project 1

I have decided to methodically do the projects in the back of Jane Dunnewold's book Complex Cloth. I've tried a zillion different surface altering techniques but this weekend realized that a more organized approach might be beneficial and help me to build up some stock.
This is project one which consisted of: dyeing cotton, then discharging it, then overdyeing it, then stamping it and screen printing it with textile paint. The final touch is gold foiling. If you click on the photo is will get larger and you can better see all the layers.

4 comments:

tiedyejudy said...

What a great idea, Denise! I have been participating in a couple of Round Robins through the Complex Cloth group on yahoo, and I have tried to gauge what I do to each piece by where I am in the rotation. But I haven't tried doing all the layers myself... food for thought!

Dale Anne said...

FABULOUS piece of fabric Denise!
I should do those exercises to get back into the surface design mode....THANKS for the kick in the pants!
GREAT JOB!!!

Julaine Lofquist-Birch said...

Beautiful!

Carol Wiebe said...

Denise, you are always doing something fabulous, as the others have observed. I know what you mean about wanting to get methodical sometimes . . . to try and rein in that herd of ideas that gallop around like wild horses.