Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Architectural Beauty?

My husband keeps saying he has one more house in him before others describe us as 'elderly'. For over 20 yrs now as he was renovating and building additions on our house he has collected info about dome homes. These homes make the best use of square footage and are certainly different enough to appeal to our unusual tastes. The problem is these structures are not my favorite and, while their resale value is very high their appeal is to a limited audience. But should every decision be made on what is practical? What will bring the most financial reward? The thought of my husband being very elderly and saying 'I wish I had built that one last house' makes me sad. I think I should support him in this dream.

3 comments:

Cindy Cooksey said...

Hi Denise,
I found your website via the Artful Quilters Web Ring. You have some beautiful pieces on here! I love your sense of color, and the sophisticated textures.
Cindy in Irvine
cookseyville.blogspot.com

Denise Aumick said...

You are so sweet, Cindy.
If anyone reads this comment go check out Cindy's blog and website for some visual treats.

Anonymous said...

Those buckets look like parts of
a still for making moonshine.
Just a thought.

I really like your work.

Ramona
ramonavillafan@hotmail.com