Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Instead of Paint Now My Clothes Have Dye on Them

I have been busy dyeing fabric and trying my hand at all kinds of altering techniques. As soon as that 300w BBA Photoflood bulb comes in I'll either be in screen printing heaven or hell - depending on my success! The background fabric on the piece above is discharged crushed velvet, the purple piece I dyed and the larger vertical piece is dyed silk from a skirt I purchased at a ridiculous small price during a store closeout sale. I never wanted to wear the skirt but I knew the material was fabulous.

I plan on making more of these small blocks using different hand dyes, then complexing the blocks with embroidery and other embellishments, and then stitching them together. If my vision is successfully executed I may enter this piece as a submission for a juried show in Sept....we'll see.....

No comments: