Sunday, September 2, 2007

Autumn Hearth


Yesterday was Steve's b'day and we traveled north into the Catskills (the photo is from a stock photo site but you get the idea) to see Los Lobos at the Bellayre Music Festival. It was a cool, fall evening with temperatures in the 50's! Yes, we had to do some dancing to stay warm - good thing Los Lobos provided quite the right amount of great music to keep the body moving.

Another piece that you've been seeing in my posts for the past month or so got completed. It's completely constructed of my own hand dyed fabrics and I really like the modern yet primitive feeling of this piece. I don't know how arty it could be considered but I do know people seem to like it very much.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

6 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

The quilt is gorgeous and the colors are amazing.

jovaliquilts said...

It's a gorgeous quilt, and I love how you quilted it. Wonderful.

Leola - Southshoreartist said...

Absolutely stunning!!!!!!! I think this is one of my favourites :)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Well I think it is very arty. Love the colors, the quilting, the layout, everything about it.

Anonymous said...

This is awesome, Denise. I love it!

Anonymous said...

You have related the Autumn colors perfectly - this is a beautiful quilt! Great Hand-dyes.