Saturday, September 8, 2007

How Sweet It Is


Can I get paid to just paint on sheer fabric all day long???? Oh, what a wonderful world that would be! The top abstract will be made into 4x6er's - JAN email me, please! The bottom 4x6er is the finished postcard that will be on its way to Deb in GA.
I think I am making all these small pieces to avoid a personal commitment I made with myself. I was planning to create larger pieces for juried consideration for a local gallery but can't seem to 'get to it'. I think I know why....although I'm secure enough to know that juried selection rejection is, often, not a real comment on the quality of one's work; I do find it a bit disconcerting to be told 'thanks, but no thanks'. Of course, the trade off is the sweeeeet feeling when one's work is accepted.
Perhaps I'll be able to settle down this weekend and get to some serious work on larger pieces....we'll see.....

4 comments:

Donna said...

isn't it amazing how the fear of others saying "thanks but no thanks" will encourage us to self select out -- that is say "thanks but no thanks" -- to participating at all....

The human ego is a fragile thing. Can you make the piece for yourself, and then choose to either enter it or not?

Anonymous said...

your work is just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I think I understand that putting off of working on bigger things. I am very comfortable working small, and that has been what sells, so why not keep it up? This is a very interesting little piece.

Dixie Redmond said...

Oh! I love the bottom one in this post. It really is so wonderful!