Sunday, August 7, 2011

I have a new art friend, Lynn Isaacson, who makes some great pottery. I am especially taken with her 'lizard' (her words) glazes. I went to her tricked out studio last week and came home with clay, books and tools and an assignment. The assignment was to make stuff so I could join in the firing and glazing that will be going on at week's end. Soooo...I went home with not much of a clue...and started messing around. The wall in the back will have antique, rusted nails secured to it after it's glazed and hopefully - if they don't blow up in the kiln - the front left pieces will become pendants for necklaces. The curved piece on the bottom right...well I'm not sure what direction that will go in....it was my first attempt at being a pottery artist. If these pieces don't turn out too bad I'll post 'after firing' photos. Maybe I'll post 'em even if they turn out horrific.

No comments: