Saturday, June 30, 2007
Friday, June 29, 2007
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Tomorrow evening is our second art quilt group meeting. I would describe the first meeting as successful and we were thrilled with the fact that 2 men joined us! I came home and tried to interest my husband person but the hint just kind of flew right up over his head and out the window....guess working with fabric isn't his passion......
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Friday, June 22, 2007
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
I plan on making more of these small blocks using different hand dyes, then complexing the blocks with embroidery and other embellishments, and then stitching them together. If my vision is successfully executed I may enter this piece as a submission for a juried show in Sept....we'll see.....
Monday, June 18, 2007
Forgot to mention.....we had tons of Steve's relatives from Denver and NC over yesterday (how could I have forgotten that chaos?). Many of the adults were interested in my art quilts and complimentary but the bigger thrill was listening the kids! They were fascinated and asked me all kinds of questions. What a joy this was...also made me remember that most people, young and old, do not know anything about art quilts or textile arts....
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Saturday, June 9, 2007
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Sunday, June 3, 2007
Saturday, June 2, 2007
Geez, sometimes certain pieces seem to suck you dry. They fight you every step of the way and constantly do battle with every creative bone in your body. You live them, breathe them and sleep with them. Then someone steps into the room, looks at the finished product, gets a huge smile on their face and says "wow".
What a wonderful passion!
Friday, June 1, 2007
- I always keep the house neat and clean.
- I am especially patient while standing in a line where the clerk failed first grade math.
- I am still the same size I was in high school.
- My therapist asked me if I would help her work out some issues.
- I am a brunette with naturally occuring blond and red highlights.
- Besides keeping a tidy house I am also a pro at construction and cabinet making and am now trying my hand at furniture building.
- My childhood was perfect, as a teenager I never thought about rebellion and adult life has been a smooth, clean sail.
Ok.....if you believe those you don't need to read the items below....
- I found true love at the age of 46.
- The spicier the food, the better.
- American roots music can transport me to another time and place.
- I have had psychic thoughts and dreams throughout my life but I choose to call these happenings my ‘highly developed intuitive sense’.
- Contrary to #3 & #4 I would not consider myself a New Age type of person.
- I have gone fossil hunting in PA, upstate NY & the Bay of Fundy.
- I do not know 7 bloggers I am comfortable ‘tagging’ so I will only tag a few.