Friday, July 20, 2007

Good Morning!




I worked a bit more on my art quilt/painting early this morning. I think I’ve fine tuned the painting portion enough to suggest the weeds motif I was seeking. Now it’s ready for threadpainting. I think I’ll deepen the background with darker threads and try to work in hints of vines (how that’s going to be achieved remains to be seen). I envision the weed stalks to remain lightly colored with leaf swirls and – perhaps – some red berry highlights. Chances are I’m not going to be able to work on this for days and days –sigh – since my schedule is ridiculously overcrowded with prior obligations – sigh.
The small bottom piece I stitched together while watching Robert Altman’s movie ‘Prairie Home Companion’ the other night. I enjoyed both the movie (is that Meryl & Lily really singing????) and the quiet stitching time, although I was disappointed the movie never followed through on the tease to have the performers sing a rendition of Amazing Grace.
Happy Friday everyone!


No comments: