Friday, April 25, 2008

Cosmic Static

The photo isn't so great because this finished piece is under glass in a clip frame. It began life as the gelatin printed monotype cloth in the post below. I added free motion quilting, hand stitching, dyed cheesecloth and rusted silk organza then I secured it all to the back board of the clip frame. This is the piece I will bring to the Newburgh/Cornwall Historical Society for their benefit art auction next weekend. I already saw all the lovely landscapes and still life paintings that have been donated. I don't remember seeing anything like this - although there was one very cool assemblage that I fell in love with.

On another note, apparently the Stone House Window collage at the top part of this blog is pictured in the new issue of Cloth, Paper, Scissors. I was told there is an article about Virginia Spiegel's benefit auction for the American Cancer Society and this piece is one of the collages featured. To find out more about this benefit please check out the following link: http://www.virginiaspiegel.com/NewFiles/ACSFundraiser.html

1 comment:

May Terry said...

I'm going to have to pick up that issue! I let my subscription lapse, but this I have to own!!

I love the stitching on that piece, by the way.

Best,
May