Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Added a bit of metallic pigment, hand stitiching, beads and dyed cheesecloth. Now I just need to figure out if I'm going to place this on top of a matboard or another piece of fabric...or leave it as is with the frayed edges.

Not quite finished but getting there. Need to drop in more leaves, grass and perhaps a flower or two. I love the sensuous layers and color depth you can get with pastels. Photographs don't show this really well. Next time you have the opportunity to study a pastel painting get up close and personal with it and look how the artist has laid color upon color. I promise it will put a smile on your face.

2 comments:

Ginny Gaskill said...

Love what is happening to your little quilt piece.

melicia's fiber art and mixed media said...

I like the fraying, and the 'rawness' it gives the piece.