Sunday, July 5, 2009

Old Farms & Ponds

I haven't blogged lately. I've been very busy with activities that don't involve artistic pursuits. We're made a decision to put our house on the market (yeah, in this economy). It's time to downsize to a more manageable space. Steve has lived in our house since he was in his 20's and has been the master of all its growth, including the impressive stonework walls, fireplace and that front porch that the realtor believes will seal the deal with the imagined NYC buyer looking for a unique country home.

Anyhow yesterday my daughter and her boyfriend were here. He has a couple of kids and they had fun fishing at our pond. In fact we had fillet of Aumick Pond Bass as part of our bar-b-que yesterday, compliments of Kyra and Emma's fishing skills. It was incredibly delicious!

I was also able to grab a bit of time and started a pastel painting of the picture in the upper left corner. A few years ago I shot some photographs while touring around the Catskills. I'm drawn to images of times gone by and so often shoot falling down, ramshackle places and things. Somehow capturing them feels as if I'm honoring their unknown past importance and meaning.

No comments: