Monday, August 3, 2009

Fertile

I haven't been very creative lately - the desire has been there but...for some reason...the will has been lacking. Anyone ever struggled with this? I found myself thinking of art I wanted to create but didn't seem able to get myself up out of the chair to do anything about it. Seemed like too much effort.

But yesterday I sat down at the machine and free motion quilted on a piece of cloth that I had previously dyed and painted. I then overdyed it in black. As the last step I added pigments and more paint . The word 'fertile' keeps coming to mind when I look at it.



3 comments:

Canace said...

Denise... that is so gorgeous!
Every piece that you do seems more beautiful.

It was worth waiting for. :o)

Anonymous said...

This piece is beautiful! I have found that the best thing to do when I am in a creative slump is to just go with it, until the dark cloud lifts. Sometimes the body and mind needs that creative rest and then look what happens when you come out of it!
xo

Anonymous said...

Ooh! yes, I like this one.

And I know the feeling of "can't seem to get going." But this afternoon, I opened my recently repaired Bernina to finish some mending...and blew the circuit board again! And fuses this time, so tomorrow Berni goes back to the shop.
But when it's working I hope to do some sewing...lucky I have this to come and look at!