Saturday, May 17, 2008

Underneath


This morning my husband and I went and scoped out some yardsales (a favorite past time - you know, it's not like we don't have enough stuff!). One lovely woman had a large box filled with all kinds of small beads, sequins and pins neatly organized into individual baby food jars. Apparently these supplies were her mother's, who use to make Christmas ornaments. This lady wanted to give them to me (I insisted on paying her $5)....she was thrilled someone would put them to use. Welllllll....I came right home and added some as the finishing touch to this piece. See the little yellow & pearl beads? I, too, am glad these beads have found a new home that will love and cherish them as much as their former residence.


5 comments:

Ati said...

the beads are a lovely addition to this nice piece of your art !

my croft said...

just as you can never have too much fabric, you can never have too many beads. Congrats on the acquisition.
The piece is gorgeous, the beads are perfect.

Dixie Redmond said...

There is something especially wonderful about using the seeds of others' dreams in our work. :-) It honors them and it honors your work.

Stitchety Grub said...

Lucky you - I am sure you will be able to put all those beads to good use! - It makes you feel good when you get something like that ....
Britt :D - I love this piece too looks great :)

MaryAnn said...

I love finding bits and pieces at yard sales. I am quite sure you will use them all up in quite fantastic ways. This piece is lovely.