Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Fall Sunday in My Life






A view from our backyard this morning....very special...





Deb Lacitiva's art quilt (upper left) hanging in an installation in Woodstock, NY...very special....
http://morewgalo.blogspot.com/








Husband person checking out a glass art installation that he thought was cool...very special....








Husband person inspecting and figuring out another art installation (and what a tres imaginative sculpture this was)....once a tool and hammer guy always a tool and hammer guy...very special...



OH! And I was tagged by Thelma Smith http://www.thelmasmith.com/blog/ I still smile when I remember how she contacted me and asked if I'd be interested in becoming part of PlanetTextileThreads http://www.planet.textilethreads.com/ . I am in such esteemed company on this website.



Anyway, I need to tell 7 things about myself that may (or may not) be interesting and tag 7 other people. I'll leave the tagging for later but here are the facts:



1.) I was born on 3/19 @ 3:19a.m.



2.) Music can transport me to other places and times.



3.) Growing up I never believed I was artistic but always wanted to be an artist.



4.) I am the happiest now than I've ever been.



5.) I am a bit of a misanthrope.



6.) I don't use a clothesdryer (ok - you have to admit someone who still uses a clothesline in this day and age is unusual but boy do those sheets smell great).



7.) I am quite intuitive.



6 comments:

h-bomb said...

ok so two things, i didnt know that you were born at 3:19am but i think that is so cool.

and i didnt know what misanthrope meant (shamefully) so i looked it up and i agree. you are a bit of that but i think that our society tends to make people that way to a certain extent.

Deb Lacativa said...

Thank SO much for showing me my piece at the gallery in Woodstock! At the moment I'm down in Westchester with no hope of getting up there before I return to GA.

sukipoet said...

For years I did not own a drier. Only recently as I'm living someplace with no line and I'm sort of transient so my racks are in storage, have I relented to use a drier. I wrote a whole little piece about "On the Line with Laundry." By the by have a good friend who lives in Woodstock and is into the arts. Quite elderly person by now, I imagine. Found yo via cestandrea/

Unknown said...

Your backyard.....! It is beautiful! I clicked on the photo and there I was, in the middle autumn colours:)

Welcome to the line-dry-club, I don't own a dryer neither. ...

Jo Murray said...

Cool post... and I can relate to anyone with a husband who likes to check out how things are made.

MrCachet said...

LOL. Quite cool that you have a spouse that is VERY involved in your love of art! My spouse likes to hang back and watch it all happen, and after the fact has all kinds of things to say about what she sees. Which leaves me thinking (sometimes) that I've missed something special.
Wonderful post!