Thursday, May 31, 2007

Rays


"Summertime,
And the livin' is easy
Fish are jumpin'
And the cotton is high"

These George Gershwin lyrics certainly evoke a mood and are like a painting with words. Somehow these words conjure up memories of my childhood - endless days and nights spent outdoors, butterflies and fields filled with wildflowers.

That said, summer is not my favorite season. Sweating, gnats and misquitos tend to make me crabby and my husband has learned to steer clear of me if the thermometer goes over the 85 mark. I don't consider humidity my friend. I much prefer the autumn with its rich organic smells, bonfires and promise of good snuggling-getting-cozy weather. Give me a pot of hot steaming soup over an ice cream cone any day.

2 comments:

Francesca said...

Beautiful beautiful work Denise!
You've been tagged! Have a look at my blog to see what to do. Please don't feel obliged to play but I hope you will - it's fun :D

orion713 said...

Wow are they ever beautiful! Dang it I was going to tag you but Fran did. lol I am still interested in working on a quilt with you! :)